Engineering Manager (Remote, Contractor)
Unique, exciting, fun-loving, and fast-growing – Welcome to Docler Holding! Since launching in 2001, we have created products and experiences that entertain millions of people across the globe. We now serve more than 50 million users a day and are consistently among the top visited websites in the world with following in the millions!
Some of our top-ranking websites include:
Livejasmin.com, a market leader in the live streaming industry
Jasmin.com, a platform that helps people make authentic connections
Oranum.com, a pioneer in the online esoteric space and the world’s biggest live esoteric site
BeMyFan.com, a link sharing tool that helps influencers connect with their fans
Bimbim.com, an innovative, mobile -focused platform for content creators
The Engineering Manager will manage our high performing teams and provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration right from inception through implementation.
With us, you will...
- Apply your expertise of industry trends and developments to help implement appropriate solutions and recognize system deficiencies
- Create and execute development plans to meet changing needs and requirements
- Liaise with Project Management and help keep stakeholders well-informed of status updates
- Own the development life-cycle and manage all associated technical risks
- Expertise and experience will be a valuable asset to mentor, evaluate and inspire developers in the Docler Squad
- Perform technical plan and code reviews and ensure technical teams contribute to the code library
- Track and measure performance within the Development Team
- Learning from experience is important. You will keep track of lessons learnt and share these with our Squad
- Help monitor compliance of standards, policies and procedures
What we expect from you...
- Reside on the East-Coast and able to work as a contractor
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in coding, along with experience in technologies such as PHP, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Memcache, Redis, RabbitMQ, FMS, other distributed and in-house built systems
- A proven record of using Agile methodologies and significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures
- Ability to understand browser / client specific compatibility issues
- Superb coding skills which include:
- Modular ADR and MVC system development OOP principles (Design patterns, SOLID, DRY, Yagni)
- Clean code, covered by unit, integration and UI tests (including TDD)
- Long life-cycle application development (evolution of applications)
- Design, develop and test software
- Development methodology
- Agile development process in Scrum
- Continuous Integration and Deployment Systems for daily based deployments, Git and GitHub Workflo
- Contribute to OpenSource projects
- High energy and resourcefulness to work in a fast-moving environment with ever-changing priorities and last-minute decisions. Taking this in your stride is paramount
- Team player who can work with all partners and colleagues. Remember, it takes a team to win any championship!
- And lastly, outstanding communication skills with the ability to present views in a clear and compelling manner. English is a must, and any other European language is a big bonus!
In return you will get...
- The opportunity to have huge and amazing influence, in what we know will be a career-defining role
- The skills and experience you bring add to our collective strength
- Full accountability to manage your own working hours as well as the opportunity to work remotely
- A fun, friendly and collaborative work culture where we guarantee there is never a dull day.
Due to the global pandemic situation we are looking for professionals who are willing to work remotely, on contract base, full-time, based in the USA, especially in the East-Coast part.
Docler Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience. We thrive to attract and hire a strong, talented and diverse workforce, prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious or political beliefs, age, nationality, physical, mental or developmental disability, gender, sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
NOTE: Docler Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency without prior approval from our Legal and Recruiting Department to be unsolicited, and such submissions will not be recognized for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.
We are in it for the long haul so your future is safe with us.
We are always on the lookout for fresh talent to join our #doclersquad!